wataya: (Default)
I decided to make a little planning of what I need to do in september, because, I have a LOT to do :

_ finish the 18th century stays. Should be doable. I f I work fast enough, I can have it 80% done for the first September. The only problem is that I haven't done a lot of handsewn eyelets by now, and they can be the longest part of it all...
_ rework my old française (at least pin the alterations) and do correct pictures of all my 18th century costumes collection. For the people of Les Menus Plaisirs.
_ make a quick 18th century jacket. Because I have too few 18th century costumes for the moment.
_ make the 1830s-40s underpinnings, except finishing the red quilted corset. I leave that one for October. This means : 1 corded petticoat, 2 or 3 flounced petticoats and 1 multi-layered petticoat as instructed on [livejournal.com profile] demode_kvc website. I'm not sure of being able to do this in September. But I REALLY need to have it done quickly, before doing the dress. At least, if I decided to choose to do the 1848 revolution dress, a little part of it is already done.

Yata !

Aug. 11th, 2008 01:40 am
wataya: (Default)
Front of the stays is finished ! There is two fake seams to do (interections of horizontal and diagonal bones), and I still don't know if I really want to do them.

It shows really bad on picture : what took me an infinite time was to do the zig-zag and because of the flash, they look near invisible, which they are not ! And beside, they are pretty. Twice worth the amount of time I pass on them.

Oh, and yes, I have gigantic seam allowances :)



There is a stain on the stays. It looks enormous on the picture : this is the, still wet, water I put on the little but clearly visible stain in the middle to erase it, in vain. It doesn't want to go. No idea what it is (not blood, I washed it all), it wasn't there 30 minutes before I finished the front ! I'm such a jinx.

Yata !

Aug. 11th, 2008 01:40 am
wataya: (Default)
Front of the stays is finished ! There is two fake seams to do (interections of horizontal and diagonal bones), and I still don't know if I really want to do them.

It shows really bad on picture : what took me an infinite time was to do the zig-zag and because of the flash, they look near invisible, which they are not ! And beside, they are pretty. Twice worth the amount of time I pass on them.

Oh, and yes, I have gigantic seam allowances :)



There is a stain on the stays. It looks enormous on the picture : this is the, still wet, water I put on the little but clearly visible stain in the middle to erase it, in vain. It doesn't want to go. No idea what it is (not blood, I washed it all), it wasn't there 30 minutes before I finished the front ! I'm such a jinx.

Profile

wataya: (Default)
And Behold My success

July 2017

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
161718 1920 2122
232425 2627 2829
3031     

Syndicate

RSS Atom

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 26th, 2017 05:29 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios